Monday, October 25, 2004

False Idols

Dear Ashlee,
I'm just writing to inform you that I've dropped your ranking on my Favortie Teen Idol list. I've never seen a Mandy Moore movie, or heard a Mandy Moore song, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't pull a stunt like you did on SNL this week. Your band started playing the wrong song?? Please, give us more credit than that.
I've been a supporter of yours since the begining. When my 8 year-old niece said you'd never be as punk as Avril I told her "Na uh, you're way wrong. Didn't you see her? She's got punk rock black hair, she kicks butt." Then she told her mommy on me for saying butt, but I didn't care, I was right.
I always thought we had an emotional bond. Ever since that one episode of The Ashlee Simpson show where you were like so in love with that guy then you broke up. I almost cried, but then I had to go take out the trash and I didn't see how it ended.
Not to pour salt in the wounds, but I watched Mean Girls before SNL and Lindsay Lohan totally rocked in that movie. She was funny and smart and she would sooo never lip synch a song like you did!
My offical Favorite Teen Idol list is as follows:
1. Jessica (I'm know, I'm sorry, she just is)
2. Lindsay
3. Avril
4. Christina
5. Mandy
6. Ashlee
7. Britney (skank!)

If you would have just owned up to your mistake, I would have accepted it. I could still put you at number 5 if I get a formal apology. I still love you and hope I get it. You can call me on my cell.

Sincerley,
Ashlee Simpson Fan Club Member 45364.

5 comments:

Veruca Salt said...

oh how the mighty have fallen... it just came such a surprise coming from someone with such natural talent, drive and ambition - someone who has paid her dues and endured, like, days and days in front of the mtv cameras... at least we still have paris hilton

Tim said...

Ahhh, Paris, talk about paying dues! I heard today she's opening a club in vegas. I might have to move to vegas now. I'm sure I could score with Paris if I could only meet her.

Tim said...

Britney went from 1 to 7 with the whole marriage(s) thing.

Veruca Salt said...

wait - first marriage or second?

Tim said...

for me, the 2nd. The first was an understandable drunken mistake. But the second, to take a guy from his pregnant gf? Thats what did it... plus the guy being a total loser and all.