Friday, October 22, 2004

Head Rest

right now my cat is in one of those moods where all she wants to do is sit in the nape of my neck. How great is your life when that's really all you need? You lick yourself, you eat, sleep, and climb on your owners head while he's on the internet.
Anyway, enough about my cat. We're here to talk about me right? woohoo! Well, then this will be a pretty short lived blog, cause my ass is boring! I'm a computer programmer. Fun, huh? Aside from the occasional busy day, I spend 8 hours a day trying to not look like I've been on the internet all day. It's not easy.
When I meet someone and they ask me what I do, I'm generally greeted by 1 of 3 responses: 1) "oh yeah?... hmmm" (nod head, walk away) 2) "oh yeah? What language?" "It's called MUMPS" "hmm... never heard of it." (nod head, walk away) or 3) "oh yeah? My computer's been having problems with the blah blah blah.. can you tell me what to do to fix it?" "yeah, get a new one." (nod head, walk away)
I really wonder what will become of this blog because I have no deep emotions that will make me feel better about getting them out, nor will anything I write ever touch any unlucky bastard that stumbles upon this. I guess I'm writing because I have an addictive personality and once I found this stuff I've done nothing at work but look for good ones. Other stuff I'm currently addicted to: Sirius satellite radio.. even though I don't even have it, Texas Hold Em'... even though I never play it, whiffleball... even though its getting too cold to play, Franz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse's newest cd's, bowling (I just made the bold move to the spin approach instead of straight on), and the tv shows Lost, Desperate Houswives, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and almost every reality show. At any point in time these addictions could completely go away for no reason if something new comes into the equation. There's only so much time in the day to waste away my time.
Editors Note: I previously wrote just about this same thing while at work today and it magically disappeared... if that happens again, that's it, I'm done with this obsession.... (please don't happen again...)

3 comments:

Veruca Salt said...

i wanted to be the first to comment on your blog

Veruca Salt said...

i wanted to be the first to comment on your blog

Tim said...

well, thank you and thank you.