Friday, December 02, 2005

Uncle Tim

Last night I went to see my first niece in the hospital. (Jamisen (Jamie) Marie), 9lbs 2 oz.). I’ve never been a huge fan of holding babies. All of my friends have babies and I’ve probably held them all once. Except the one who’s getting older and can actually play with me. Newborns just weren’t my cup of tea.

Last night when I held my niece I actually felt like it meant something. I know that I will be in this baby’s life for as long as I live. We were there for an hour and a half and she only cried for about 2 minutes when her blanket fell off her and she needed to be covered up again. Her eyes were following the sounds of people’s voices when they talked and she was trying to stay awake while all those people were around. She was really cute. I got really excited to have my own. Six months seems too long to wait now. I’ll probably be singing a different tune in seven months when I’m only sleeping two hours a night, but man, right now, I can’t wait to be a dad.

No comments: