Wednesday, December 28, 2005

You don't have to read this, it's boring

I read a lot. Well, not really. I read at lunch everyday because I’m antisocial. I’ve probably read about 5 bad books in a row now. I start to read them, they suck, but I usually end up finishing them in hopes of a redemption that never comes.

My mom gives out prizes at the bowling party and my prize was a book. Paul and his book club are not going to be happy with me, but it’s an Oprah book club book called A Million Little Pieces. I started reading it at lunch and I think I’m really going to like it. Thank F’ing God I finally got something that makes me want to waste even more time out of my workday.

3 comments:

Charlie Foxxtrot said...

I just finished reading that book. It's not something I'd normally read but my 16 year old daughter (who was reading the book because it was "suggested" to her by her AP English teacher) intrigued me by stating, "Hey Dad, the main character in this book reminds me of you." I said, "How so?" She replied, "He says a lot of the same things you say." Having heard that, I had no choice but to read it. She was right.

Tim said...

I don't think that's such a good thing if you say things like:

I want a drink. I want fifty drinks. I want a bottle of the purest, strongest, most destructive, most poisonous alcohol on Earth. I want fifty bottles of it. I want crack, dirty and yellow and filled with formaldehyde. I want a pile of powder meth, five hundred hits of acid, a garbage bag filled with mushrooms, a tube of glue bigger than a truck, a pool of gas large enough to drown in. I want something anything whatever however as much as I can.

Charlie Foxxtrot said...

LOL! No, it was more in line with "his every action you take is your choice" philosophy although who wouldn't want a pile of powder meth and five hundred hits of acid?