Thursday, April 05, 2007

Comments Welcomed Here!

I've been blogging for two and a half years now. When I started blogging I probably would have quit if a few nice people didn't comment on my first few posts. If I remember correctly, I was even happy when I'd get a commenter trying to get me to win a free ipod or to try to enlarge my penis. Hey, everyone like free ipods and enlarged penii, right?

But, I can definitely understand that some people get sick of the spam comments and either enable comment moderation or make people type in a password. Me? I don't give a shit. I'll like all comments. Good or bad, real or spam, funny or poor attempts at trying to be funny.

So, what I don't understand is people that turn off their comments. Oh, what, are you just writing for yourself? Bullshit. Everyone writes to be read. Everyone wants to hear people laugh or criticize what you say. That's the only reason to blog. I think people, such as Dooce, who don't allow comments are pompous. Jerkoffs. I don't read Redacted as much as I used to because he no longer allows comments. That's just annoying. Right?