Monday, October 17, 2005

Only in Dreams

Have you ever become fully conscious in your sleep? It happens to me like 2 or 3 times a year. Saturday at about 6am my mind woke up, but my body didn’t. Freaks me the fuck out. I try to will myself awake, but I can’t. I feel like I’m going to die. I was able to get my arm to move a little, but I couldn’t wake up. My brain tried to do everything it could to throw my arm enough to jerk myself awake. Unsuccessfully. Then after about 5 minutes of accepting death, I woke up. Then I went back to sleep. And dreamt about boobs.

2 comments:

Friends of McDougal said...

This is goddamn confusing.

Two places to post.

Are you fucking high?

You're talking about motor atonia, which you can read more about here.

Jayne said...

Aw, crap. Now I have to read about motor atonia. I thought it was lucid dreaming, which I've experienced and you can learn to control. Followed you here from somewhere. Congratulations on the new one!