Friday, October 21, 2005

A Year in Review

I can’t believe it’s been a year. I wondered if I’d last a week, let alone a year. And I was happy when two people read my stuff. Now I've got more than two readers and you all kick ass. In a crazy stroke of coincidence, my 50,000th hit will be today too. (although my statcounter wasn’t installed until a few months after I started). So, this is my blogging year in review...


A little over a year ago, a sports radio guy got suspended from the air and started a blog in the meantime. I used to read that and one day noticed the Next Blog button. I clicked on that button about 5000 times. Always falling on some crappy blog. Until one day I landed on a blog post about how brushing your teeth with vanilla mint toothpaste tastes like brushing your teeth with frosting. It was genius.




After giving it a thought or two, I started my own blog. Did you know my original blog title was “I’m Less Interesting Than You!”? Cate and Pink Kitty were reading immediately and that was enough for me to keep going. In a stroke of pure luck, the day after I started my blog Ashlee Simpson was on SNL.



My blog continued and I got another reader or two when I realized I actually might be more interesting than some people, so I changed my title to the classic Billy Madison line it currently is. (And it took me another 6 months to realize I spelled Chloraphil wrong… but I’m not changing it).

Right around the time I came up with the name Titso, (which stands for Tim’s Insanely Terrific Special One), on a particularly uncreative day, I posted my original Starburst Pron. It was enjoyed and it has been a running theme ever since… and I promise more when I get my camera back.





I posted more crap everyday until one day I actually posted something serious. I was asking Titso to marry me.



It worked, and we got hitched



And we made a baby.




And here I am now. Posting more crap everyday, enjoying your comments just as much as I enjoy writing the shit that I do. I promise I will try to make this next year just as mind numbing as the first!

No comments: