Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm tired, Mon

I'm burnt out. Last night I was looking through my old posts and realized I used to try to be a witty and happy person, but that's just not happening lately. I'm happy at home, but I always write from work and I'm no longer happy at work. And I wouldn't necessarily say I'm unhappy with my job, it's just that my job no longer allows me the time to think of funny things to write. I need a vacation.

So we booked one. We're going to Jamaica. But it's not until January. Kym had airline miles that needed to be used, so we're going away for 4 nights, without the baby. It's a Catch 22 because basically as soon as we started dating we started going on vacations together and that stopped when we got pregnant. We haven't been away since our honeymoon, so we're very excited. But, can I handle 5 days without seeing my daughter? I'm scared I'll hate it the minute we get there. I feel like bad parents, but to have several days in a row where I get to sleep and relax will really rejuvenate me. But, for the next three months I'll probably just continue to write tired shitty posts.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Sometimes, when I'm having a bad day, I'll go through your archives because they make me laugh. Awww....

As for the vacay, I'm sure you'll relax as soon as you smoke some of the fine Jamaican ganga.

Chuck said...

That first trip away from the kid can be tough, but eventually y'all will come to look forward to them.

Oh great One said...

It will feel odd to be without her but just think of how much better you will feel when you get home! A happy relaxed daddy is even more fun than a tired one!

Anonymous said...

aw that's so cute that you're going to miss your daughter, though.
take the holiday, enjoy it and i bet when you come back you'll be really energetic for more playtime with your daughter. :)

your posts aren't boring! keep your chin up, tim!

Anonymous said...

Melissa stated my sentiments exactly. In Jamaica, there are more than a few ways to relax, so to speak.

filmgoerjuan said...

Remember what happened last time you guys went on a vacation...sounds like Kenslee might be having a little brother or sister come next September! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your entries are funny even if you don't think they are.

And, Jamacian me jealous with the news of your vacation. Ba dum ching!

Anonymous said...

Damn, I spelled Jamaican wrong. It totally ruined the joke. DOH!

Anonymous said...

Jamaica in January! I'm sooo jealous!! And yeah, I was hoping to God you'd do something to liven up this blog. ;)

What do I have to do to get you to bring me back some of that ganja?

Lisa said...

Tim:

I'm happy for you that you get to go on vacation soon. I wish we had the funds to get some sun in the wet gray Seattle winter. The last time we were away together, just the two of us, it was 1998. Mexico.

And yes you will get homesick for Kenslee, and it will probably be the worst right after you get there and right before you come home, but in-between you'll have a blast. At least that's how I was whenever I'd leave Georgia. I still can't stand being away from her and she's 7. When she goes to college I'll have to call her in-between every class. Won't that be embarassing for her? :)

Anonymous said...

Have some doobies for me while you're there. And go cliff jumping too. Right after a doobie might not be a good idea though...but maybe in one of the nude beaches. Ooo, and rum! And have some good Jamaican coffee. I love Jamaica.

And this is probably the most I've said in a comment to you in a long while. :)

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Jamaica Rocks! That's where we went on our honeymoon. Are you going to an all inclusive?

Tim said...

Yep, Sandals. Can't wait!

Ms. Sick N. Tired said...

DUDE...that is DISGUSTING!! I've seen "lots" of things at marathons, but not so up close and personal!

JQ said...

Pixie is right Jamaica was awesome! I have never drank so many dirty bananas, walked from bar to bar, or rolled so many cigarettes in my life. You guys are going to love it. The best part? You get to come home to your daughter.
I think I would miss G-man too much at this point. I like to be with him constantly, that is why I never get anything done.