Monday, October 01, 2007

It's always sunny in Philadelphia

Friday afternoon my dad went on a frenzy to get Phillies tickets for Friday night. He got some off stubhub for him, me, and my two brothers. It was a 7:05 start and the stadium is 28 miles from my work. I left at 5pm and got inside the stadium at the start of the second inning at 7:20. an hour and 45 minute drive and a half hour waiting in line to pick up the tickets. The Phillies dominated, it was awesome and the drive hom took me another hour and 45 minutes. So, I spent 3 and a half hours in the car to watch under 3 hours of baseball. But it was worth every second.

Saturday morning I went for an 18 mile run. My knees, legs, joints and muscles are amazingly not sore. But my big toe nail is about to fall off. It kills and I can barely walk. Why do I do it to myself.

Sunday afternoon 75 year old pitcher Jamie Moyer comes through big and the Phillies make it to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. For the first time in 14 years I think I might like baseball better than football.... because..

We're not going to talk about the Eagles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so we won't talk about the Bears, either, but the Cubs got in...

Tim said...

Looks like Griese wasn't the answer. Though you gotta blame the D for allowing 35 points in a quarter.

Lisa said...

Timathon:

Here is my list of the three most horrific disasters on the planet over the past two thousand years:

1. Destruction of Pompeii and Herculaneum by eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D.

2. The Yellow River Flood, China, in 1931 killing between 1 and 2 million;

3. The trading of Jamie Moyer by Seattle - for two minor league pitchers whose names I've forgotten - August 2006.

egan said...

Who the hell would have thought Moyer would throw that much better of a game than Glavine. Enjoy the playoff run Tim, it sure is a fun feeling in the city during the playoffs. Maybe next year for Seattle.

Great job on the running too, keep that up. Who needs toenails anyways?

Anonymous said...

Awww, c'mon...let's talk about the Eagles! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Greise was better, in my opinion, but the D just blew it. We've never had a good QB. That, and Grossman looked really happy to be on the bench, collecting a paycheck, and telling jokes to Kyle Orton.