Thursday, November 10, 2005

Just like when Stormtroopers used to shoot at me

Every Wednesday I work my side job of dealing poker. I got home last night around 11:30 and watched Lost. I was all creeped out when I went down into my basement to hop on my computer afterwards. When I went to sit down I heard a deafing bang/clanging noise from inside the house. I knew the cat and the wife were asleep, so I grabbed the largest, bluntest object I could find to go explore and protect my home. Armed with a CD (yeah, there’s not much in my basement) and a fear of The Others, I turned every corner in the house with one fist clinched and my throat slicing cd in the other hand. Every corner I turned I found nobody, and nothing on any floors. I was still whimpering a little when I finally found a few boards and metal rods had fallen in the storage room in our basement. But the whole situation reminded me of when I was about 9 years old.

My old house also had a finished basement where we had a pool table, ping pong table and a tv. I’d hang out down there at night before having to go to bed. Our basement was set up weird in that the light switch was at the bottom of the stairs. So, you had to walk up and down the stairs in the dark. Every night before I’d go to bed I’d get into a runner’s position, flip the switch and run like the wind up the stairs. For some reason I always thought that as soon as I turned off the lights Stormtroopers would appear in my basement and attempt to kill me. I was such a douchebag.

No comments: