Wednesday, November 02, 2005

One step forward, two steps back

There was a point in time when everything electronic was my responsibility. If the power went out, it was up to me to reset the clock in the microwave. My parents couldn’t program a vcr, reboot a computer, hook up a dvd player, or change a light bulb. It was always “Wait till Timmy’s home.” Technology has ruined my technological abilities. In particular, Tivo has ruined my technological abilities. Yesterday I went home for lunch to set up a vcr to tape The Office because Tivo was taping the Amazing Race and I knew I wouldn’t be home. I don’t even really like the Amazing Race this year, so I don’t know why I tivo it when I friggen love The Office. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking when I tried to program the vcr to tape The Office, but all I got was about 10 minutes of My Name is Earl. I’m retarded and I hate myself.

No comments: