Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Current Wedding Plans

  • The reception will be held in my backyard. All 0.25 acres of it.
  • BYOB
  • Choice of Beef or Chicken - (McDonald's hamburger happy meal, or chicken nugget happy meal. NO cheeseburgers. NO milkshakes) Limited to the 1st 15 guests. Other guests BYOF.
  • Anyone that wants to dance will have to bring their own ipod or other personal listening device.
  • Flowers will be paper cut outs and will be provided by the kindergarten down the street.
  • If you want to sit down at all, bring your own chair.
  • We will be making our own cake. Actually, cupcakes. With no icing. Icing is too expensive.
  • If you are invited, your invitation will be arriving in the mail shortly. Check your inbox. We can't afford stamps.
  • You can back your truck into our driveway. That makes it easier for us to unload all the cash you'll be giving us.

9 comments:

Veruca Salt said...

oh geez - now Tim's blog is going to turn into one of those "wedding" blogs - why not just give up now and start a knitting blog - sheesh*


(*totally kidding - I hope you know that)

Anonymous said...

can you please call my wedding planner. because that sounds perfect and her ideas all involve me paying lots of money that i could otherwise keep for shoes. i mean retirement.

Oh great One said...

I like it! Then you can save all that money we will be unloading in your driveway for important things like the HONEYMOON!

CaCaBoy said...

Just picturing that wedding reception....is that a tear? My God its just beautiful!

Tim said...

cate - yes, yes it is. I'm going to start a weding blog, a knitting blog and a pms blog. Got a problem with that?

iat - if you want to bake the cupcakes for me we could do a shared wedding in my backyard. Except I get all your presents too.

ogo - My last point was going to detail our million dollar honeymoon we plan, but I thought that would be greedy

pk - hells yeah, 40's for everyone

ali - we will in fact be doing a champagne of beers toast

caca - Sometimes I feel like I should have been born a hundred years ago. I'm an old school romantic.

Paul said...

You should tell people to send you a self addressed stamped envelope so you can send them the invitations. If you don't like them, hey, free stamps.

Chick said...

Tim, Now that sounds like a happening, happening wedding...oh yeah!

When you said BYOF...it took me a sec. to realize you were talking about...food ; )

nique said...

my favorite is: if you want to sit down, bring a chair!

What a riot!!!

Alekx said...

Tim, this is acutally a serious comment...Okay A-hole get off the floor and stop laughing cuz I'm making a serious comment.
Anyway belive it or not at my wedding reception I made it a pot luck and it rocked there was like 8 tables of food and everyone (150+ people) were stuffed to the gills.
I did my wedding, cake, reception, dress and all for less than $1,000.
Let me know if you want any ideas..
Hugs