Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Yesterday when I went to Sam Goody to pick up the new Weezer cd the really creepy sales dude singled me out in line and said “I see you only have one item, if you want to purchase another I’ll give you 20% off.” Sounded like a pickup line to me, but it worked. I looked around and decided on the Jackson 5 Ultimate Collection. Really, I did. So, I bought it and creepy guy showed me how he took the 20% off and told me “I don’t offer 20% off to everybody you know. But I saw you standing there and thought I’d like to see you smile.” Then he said some other creepy stuff, but I didn’t hear it because I was trying to find the closest exit in case he tried to touch me. I paid and got out of there as quickly as possible and washed the skeeve off me.

So, I’m listening to the cd now. Michael was 12 when they did ABC and I Want You Back and I have to say those songs kick ass. Whatever happened to 12 year old prodigies like him? You know, besides Lil’ Bow Wow.

No comments: