Friday, August 26, 2005

It's 5am somewhere

Oh, it's 5am here. Less than 3 hours of sleep on my wedding day. A combination of nervousness and excitedness has caused my lack of sleep, and ability to make up words by just adding "ness" to the ends of them. I'm not here looking for you guys to root me on, you've done a great job of that already. I'm just excited and need to release and work out some words. I need to release in more than one way. 12 hours!

My rehersal dinner was great. My mom made like a 15 minute presentation of pictures of Kym and I growing up, then growing together. It was nice. And then my dad got up and talked. He was an emotional wreck. Which made me cry. He wrote me a poem because he says he knows I've written poems before to express my feelings and he wanted to give it a try. Which made me cry more. Then I stood up and tried to thank everyone, but I couldn't get it out without the voice trembles because being a little bitch runs in the family. I wasn't prepared to do that, which I think is the main reason I'm awake right now. At least at church I just repeat after the priest, but I'm pretty sure Kym or I will be expected to say something at the wedding, and I know she hates doing that so I'm going to probably step in. Half the people there have probably never heard my voice since I'm so quiet. So, this is what I'm thinking of saying...

I know right now Kym is nervous that I'm going to ramble on like usual, so I'll keep it short. I just want to thank Kym's parents for all thier help in putting this together. Even from Virginia you were an amazing help and support system to us trying to get this day to happen. So, a huge thank you for all your help. I'm joining a great family. And a personal thank you from me for raising such and an amazing and beautiful daughter. I can't go into my feelings for her right now or I'll end up crying. So, I'll move on and say thank you to my parents. I really can't even express in words how thankful we are for everything you've done to make this day what it is. And for me, I can't express how blessed I am to have been brought up in such a great family. And a personal thank you from me for raising such an amazing and beautiful son. I can't go into my feelings on me right now or I'll end up crying. (pause for laughs) And to everyone that has joined us today, a special shout out to you all. You all mean the world to us and we're so happy you're here today to help us celebrate. Drink up bitches!

No comments: