Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Mr. Short Term Memory

Besides the whole tattoos and looking for my wife's killer, I think the movie Memento may have been written about me. Every morning when I come into work I go through my list of blogfriends to see who’s updated their blogs. This in of itself is stupid because most of the blogs I read are written by people in other countries (like California and Arizona) where they aren’t even awake yet, let alone blogging. So I go down my list of blogs and see one blog after the other looking exactly like it did the last time I checked it. By the time I’ve checked 3 or 4 blogs I already forget which ones I just checked and wind up checking all the blogs like 4 times before convincing myself there’s nothing new to read. Then I get depressed and force myself to do work… for about 5 minutes before checking to see if they’re awake and writing yet. Why did I ever get involved in this…

6 comments:

Veruca Salt said...

HA! i do the EXACT same thing - come into the office, get some water and herbal tea, check my work email (like there's ever anything good in there) then head over to blogger and check to see what the cool kids are doing... of course, not everyone is blogging that early, so i have to check each blog again about 17 times over the course of the day

nique said...

I am cracking up! I feel YOU!!! I do the SAME THING!!! I'm seriously addicted. I asked myself this weekend if it were possible to refrain from checking out my blog friends for a whole week? I'm not sure i could do it? I need a job! (i like)

Paul said...

Am I the only one, who, I don't know, WORKS at work?? Mind you, I don't work very hard, but we get lectures all the time about keeping non-work related things away from work. I don't even have internet access.

Tim said...

do you work in a cave?

nique said...

NO INTERNET ACCESS AT WORK????? I really don't know what I would do? Yipes!

Paul said...

Yeah, well, I work in an industry where public perception is extremely important. We're kind of under a microscope, so if the public knew that all we did all day was surf the net and look at dirty pictures on the internet, there'd be trouble. I need to fill out a form and get a variety of approvals before I would be granted access to the internet. Then they'd block all the good sites anyways.