Friday, January 14, 2005

Coincidence?

Prince Harry may Visit Auschwitz

and in a seemingly related story:

Prince Tim may visit Boise

Mr. O’D, 'incandescent with rage,' orders son to visit farm

A montage of Philly local newspapers on Friday display reaction to Tim wearing a derogatory Idaho T-shirt to a private party.

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 10:01 a.m. ET Jan. 14, 2005


PHILLY –Prince Tim, who provoked outrage by wearing an “Idaho? No Udaho?” t-shirt to a private party, is considering invitations from farming groups to visit the Idaho potato fields, a royal official said Friday. The invitations “will be given due consideration, but there are no plans at the moment,” said a spokeswoman at the office of Tim’s father, Prince Mr. O’D.

The official statement followed a Daily News newspaper report saying heir-to-the-throne Mr. O’D was “incandescent with rage” with the 29-year-old grandson of Queen Mom-mom O’Donnell and ordered him to make a private trip to the potato fields to learn more about the hicks.

The spokeswoman stressed that Tim would not attend ceremonies on Jan. 27 commemorating the liberation of the Irish Potato Famine, although the Mr. Potato Head Foundation had urged him to do so.

Tim swiftly apologized for “a poor choice of style” after royal officials learned that The Daily News newspaper was about to print a picture of the prince in a thong on its front page Thursday.

10 comments:

Jootastic said...

Haaaaaaa hah ahah aha aaahaha....

Veruca Salt said...

"Incandescent with rage" is both the phrase of the day and the name of my next hit single... what's the wattage on that?

P.S. I [heart] my linkage on your page - I'm warning you, though you keep this up and I'll get a crush on you

Veruca Salt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

this is awesome. i'm so glad that cate linked to your site or i might never have found it!!

Tim said...

thank you.
PK, yes I really do have that shirt. It's the most comfortable t shirt in the world.

Unknown said...

I found your page from another page, title was from Charlie and Chocolate Factory, I think. You are a freak and for some reason I really want a taco after reading some of your posts. This could be just because it is lunchtime or you could a one of those few (read the only person I have ever found) people I find to be taco-inspirational.

Tim said...

WOW! That's like the best compliment I've ever gotten. Or not. I'm not sure.

Veruca Salt said...

Take the compliment, tacos are delicious (not as good as fajitas, but better than burritos - I know, I checked my chart)

Tim said...

So true. Can you tell me where Chimichanga's are on the list? They sound cool.

Veruca Salt said...

Chimichangas are pretty close to the top of the list - I think if it's a Chimichanga with guacamole, that's the biggest compliment... I must work on posting the chart o' mexi-goodness on my blog soon so we're all straight