Wednesday, January 05, 2005

how it all went...

So, it didn't turn out horrible. Considering the bar has been closed for most of the last two weekends while our advertisements were up (for xmas and new years) I don't think it was too bad. I was hoping for at least 21 players and thats exactly the number we got. About 5-6 people were there playing just to support me as a friend (with another 6-8 just supporting/drinking (not playing (not making me any money!))). Most of the people that left, left saying they can't wait until next week... so I'm thinking things will build as we go along. My brother is talking with another bar this week (a huge bar in center city philly), so I'm hoping that goes well... we'll see... thanks to everyone who gave me thier confidence today, I'm sorry for being such a little bitch. If you're completely bored, check out the horrible pictures we took in the bar way too dark to take anything but close up pictures at River Dog Poker. Titso is the only girl playing (made it to the final 6 people). I'm not in any of them, my brother is the one dealing, wearing glasses at one of the few visible pictures.

5 comments:

nique said...

dude! awesome pictures! i mean if you were trying to capture life forms known as humans, you failed. but you did seem to give tribute to dark bars where you can't visibly see a single thing! ; )

glad it went so well! hope you came home w/ some $ as well?!

Tim said...

they are horrible. object #1 for next time will be to take better pictures if I want to keep that blog going.

Burfica said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy see it wasn't a bomb. LOL

Yeah I got the black photo's too. Good pictures of a black room though. hehehehehehe

Alekx said...

Outstanding first night.
See....you are a sucess..Very proud of you for chasing after your dreams and not waiting for them to fall in your lap.

Okay I've been nice for 2 days in a row. Next post I'll be back to my cheery smart ass self.
Did ya miss me huh huh
:-)

Tim said...

yeah, that nice stuff only goes so far. Same with the serious stuff, enough of that for me. (note: that's 1 good reason my new years resolution to be the worlds best boyfriend has already crumbled)