Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Eligible?

Today I was sitting in the waiting room of my doctor's office and picked up an issue of the Main Line Magazine. The Main Line is an area of Philadelphia that a lot of rich people live in, such as Allen Iverson. This issue's topic was the Main Line's most Eligible Singles. For a second I thought I'd open it up to find and article about me, but then I remembered I don't live on the main line, and I'm not single. So, excited to check out so rich/hot/young singles I immediately flipped to the article. Much to my surprise there were 25 fat/bald/old/average looking rich people. So I said to myself, "self, try to remember to look up eligible when you get home." Here's what the definition is:

adj 1: qualified for or allowed or worthy of being chosen; "eligible to run for office"; "eligible for retirement benefits"; "an eligible bachelor" [ant: ineligible] 2: prohibited by official rules; "an eligible pass receiver"

Before opening the article I thought I was going to get singles fitting definition number 1, but apparenlty these were just 25 people prohibited by offical rules to be pass receivers.

No comments: