Thursday, January 20, 2005

No title today

So, I just made a bowel movement at work. Whenever I need to make a BM I’ll only go to one bathroom and I’ll only use one particular stall. We have a men’s room that used to be a locker room. All the lockers are still there, but they took out the shower and put a toilet in there. There is still a wall separating it from the rest of the bathroom and there is still a drain on the floor, but there’s a toilet in there now. It gives me that extra privacy I desire.

Anyway, while I was sitting there, there was an ant crawling around on the floor by the drain. It was one of those miniscule ants. The ant entranced me. Charlie (the ant) must have walked the ant equivalent of a marathon while I was in there. He just kept doing circle after circle. He must have walked 30 feet while I was in there. Doesn’t sound like much, but I challenge you to shrink down 1 millionth of your current size and walk that far. I tried to put him out his misery a few times, but ants are pretty incredible when it comes to escaping the sole of your boots. Nonetheless, it reiterated my belief that if I were to be any animal, I would be a monkey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetlethe, African. Obviously.

PK, I would be a well mannered monkey. I would only throw my shit at people or other monkeys that deserved it. Kinda like I do now.

nique said...

ants have always intrigued me...not so much that i can't kill them though

Tim said...

Ants don't sleep either. That would suck.

I learned that while watching Trading Spaces:Boys vs. Girls and Endurance on Saturday mornings.

Martin said...

30 feet?! How friggin' long were you in there for?!

What'd you eat last night, mate? Concrete?

Cheers

Tim said...

I was in there for an hour and a half. That's normal, right?